Sunday, March 24, 2013

MG Age-1 Normal Final WIP!

Alright! typical opening text stuff. Nothing I haven't said before. this week has been killer with work and other stuff. I think the biggest distraction for me has been Monster Hunter... The newest one came out last tuesday and I've been playing a ton of it. But I was able to separate myself from it long enough to paint!




That's right guys! the age-1 is almost complete! at the time of this post, all of the remaining pieces for this kit are up on sticks, and painted/gloss coated. so hopefully in a day or two after my final decal session, and panel wash, and topcoat, once everything is all sealed in. I'll be able to take some pictures and maybe even do a review :)

Until then, hit the jump for some more pictures!












Overall I'm quite pleased with myself. I never thought i'd be able to pull anything like this off. the kit itself is a little dusty, which shouldn't be much of a problem, since everything is already topcoated. I'll just have to remember to brush it off before I snap final photos. haha.


and because I love you guys so much, here's a few preview shots of what's left ;D







another thing of note, the metallic used on the shield/dods rifle, is a different color than what I used on the kit frame. the frame was painted burnt iron, while the weaponry was painted Magnesium. I wanted to create a little bit of contrast between the weapons and the actual frame of the kit.


anyway. that's all I have for this time. thanks again for reading! stay tuned for a gallery of photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment