Wednesday, October 2, 2013

RG GP01 Zephyranthes WIP: 1

So I bought myself the RG Zephyranthes because the model looked fantastic. and after snap fitting everything to see how it worked, I was pleasantly surprised.
anyway, I immediately disassembled it and began to lay down some paints. the biggest reason I'm painting this is because a couple of good friends of mine, Harry and Big Z were having a build-off and invited me to join along. being two people who have taught me a lot since I've began this hobby, I really look up to them, and I was Honored to participate.

Anyway, enough rambly mumbo jumbo. I decided if i was going to compete with them on any level, I would have to seriously step my game up in terms of color and paint accuracy. so I opted to learn how to properly shade and make more natural looking shade as well as blending it better, and detailing and lining better than I have on any kit previous to this. 

Photo time!











I think besides a couple of tiny masking slips on the bottom of the foot, and some uneavenness on the panel lines here and there, this is already shaping up to be my best work so far. Anyway, thanks for checking my stuff out. stay tuned for more :)

2 comments: