Wednesday, January 9, 2013

First post of 2013! (well, the content is 2013) some new stuff, and some old stuff!

Well, I'm considering this my first post of 2013, because the last post was supposed to go up a few days before, but with my accident and all that, it obviously didn't happen. Anyway, on to some developments. I need to learn to format this blog better, I guess that includes making jumps, as well as using tags and getting everything more organized. I'm not sure which of these will be implimented when, but I plan on doing it all ASAP. Tags will begin immediately. not that my blog has a ton of posts right now anyway, so it's relatively easy to find most of my content with little to no trouble. But who's to say that won't become more complicated in the future. I think as far as actual maintenance is concerned, that's that.

on to my actual post...

I started my Zeta Gundam last week, hype as ever. when disaster struck...










now this is where I'm going to express my sadness and I guess disappointment for this kit. The legs were awesome, a really strong and fun build. lots of neat little moving parts.. but as you can see in some of the earlier images. The tops of the legs aren't pegs or ball joints, they're on that flat little piece, and most of the other joints are held on in similar manners. well, as i was putting decals on the back of the kit, i noticed one of the plates on the back wasn't sitting just right, and took it off to fix it, in the process of doing that, the part that held the torso to the hips came disassembled. so i fixed what i was trying to fix, and went to reassemble. and that's when disaster struck. i got a bit of resistance, and suddenly a snap. the whole 'spine' of the kit snaps in half, and now i'm sitting with two halves of a zeta.. in my frustration i drop the kit on my desk and take a deep breath trying to figure out what happened, and how i can fix it. but I think the only way is an extreme amount of patience with glue, or to just order the two pieces that snapped in half, and I really don't want to wait or spend any money on replacements.







so here's the current state of where things are. I've decided to scrap the project. I don't have any interest in completing it. I bought the kit on a whim, and rather than trashing the kit. I'm going to send it to a friend, and I'm sure he'll give it a good home. I just want to put a word of warning out there to anyone considering buying this kit. It looks like a great kit once it's done, but you have to be extremely careful when building it, because things like this can happen. but I blame bandai mostly on putting more focus on a no-swap transformation instead of worrying about having a stable kit that is a solid build. that's not me saying this kit is bad. this is just the impression it left on me.

SO THAT'S THE BAD NEWS.

On to some good stuff...

 My new current project, despite all of my setbacks lately is going to be my gift from the gunpla gift exchange. (THANK YOU AGAIN CHERRYCAT!) gonna be test-fitting the whole kit, looking for what needs to be modded and changed up, and airbrushing. I'm most excited to test out my new alclad II metallics on this bad boy for the frame. I'm going to do be doing the armor in a custom color as well, so stay tuned for that.

first up, the plates!
 (in order)












not the heftiest of kits. but that's because there's no inner frame for the arms, and I'm sure other liberties were taken. either way, I'm very excited to start throwing down on this. I've got tonight off, so I'm gonna try to finish the torso and arms at least. we'll see what my time allows. after i unboxed and photographed everything, I laid out the parts for the head and snapped that all together!








 
and that's all I've got for this blog post! Sorry about my projects jumping around so much. I'm going to sit down and try to focus on one kit at a time for a while, until i can get into a comfortable work routine. i'll see you guys next time! enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sad to hear about the zeta buddy, can't wait for your MG GM Custom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. things happen, just gonna move past it the best i can. and thanks! i'm really excited about it myself. love me some GM suits!

      Delete