Sunday, September 16, 2012

Crossbone Gundam Complete! on to the next!!


Alright so this week with what time i had before work, and on my day off today, I have slaved over this beast of a suit. I didn't paint as much inner detail and hidden stuff on this kit as some of my usual ones, as I don't really mess with them too much once I've finished them. Like I said last time, one of the biggest draws to this kit for me was the amount of weaponry he came with just built in, without him holding anything in his hands, his feet contain swords, he can mount blades to the bottoms of the shoes, the front and back skirts both contain weapons, the shoulders of the full cloth have fist weapons mounted to them. then he comes with a plethora of other weapons on top of that.




 one of the things I did paint was the pistons here in the ankle area of the foot, I thought it would show a little more than it actually does. but oh well.


Just to compare, here's a lined and pre-weathered leg beside a completely unlined leg.


and then a completely weathered leg vs a clean lined leg


after i put the waist together (i hadn't put the side skirts together yet.)


core fighter completed and weathered!




Full cloth assembled and put on. the pieces mounted to the cockpit hatch kept falling off so I just glued them on, I don't plan on taking his armor off anyway, I bought the full-cloth armor version for a reason after all...


an up-close shot


and finally some weapons. I had some weight/holding issues with the hands, so the weapons have been glued into his hands, meaning he will likely be staying in a pose similar to this one. although I may get a base for him and put him in a more dynamic pose, even though I think he looks particularly menacing just like this.



 after all the putting him off I'm really glad I broke down and started working on this. I'm also really glad I decided to try weathering, I think he came out really well, another thing worth noting is I haven't put any decals on, I like the plain look he has, plus you wouldn't see a bunch of them because of the full cloth anyway, so i figure what's the point. And for those of you curious... my next project will be....


BOTH HG Unicorn Gundam + Head display kits. I'm waiting on some decals and some option pieces to arrive in the mail to make them as badass as I want, but I'm going to get started immediately. This project is going to be my second full-spraypaint project, and my birthday is right around the corner (I think thursday/friday) and I've ordered a few kits to celebrate that. My next day off is tuesday, so I'll try to get some work on this done and I'll hopefully be able to do another blog post!



Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment